Ecology in the manufacture of hookah charcoal
Have you ever thought about the impact of hookah charcoal production on the state of our ecology? Yes, usually everyone is talking about car emissions, air pollution with heavy metals, discharges into water bodies. But there are many other, more hidden processes that also harm our nature.
Such little-known, but dangerous processes include the manufacture of charcoal. The use of charcoal for barbecues and hookahs sets a steady demand for this type of product. And, therefore, it accompanies constant emissions.
What is the threat of the outdated method of charcoal production?
According to statistics, 50,000,000 tons of charcoal are produced annually in the world. In the manufacture of 1 ton of charcoal by the artisanal method, 4 tons of emissions into the atmosphere are obtained, which contain: resins, acids, dioxins, carbon monoxide and other harmful substances. But worst of all, 95% of all charcoal is produced with polluting technologies. Thus, every day 548,000 tons of unsafe waste enters the atmosphere.
And after the first rain it all ends up in our aquifers. That is, every minute charcoal production emits 380 tons of harmful substances into the atmosphere. Just think about this number! The size of a railway tank car is about 20 m3, that is, it is more than 19 tanks per minute!
How is BlackAlmond hookah charcoal made?
Our production is located in the Spanish city of Chiva, in the region of Valencia. For carbonization of charcoal, we use environmentally friendly carbonization furnaces from the international brand GreenPower.
The technologies we use work according to the most energy-saving and environmentally friendly technology:
- The energy carrier (fuel) is needed only to start the operation of the furnace. This process takes about 24 hours.
- The gas that was formed during the carbonization of charcoal is utilized by 100% providing thermal energy to all production processes.
- In the afterburner of the furnace, we perform a complete afterburning of the flue gases. The afterburner is designed in such a way that no harmful emissions enter the atmosphere.
- For production, we use agricultural waste generated during the production of almonds.
The fundamental principles of the production of almond charcoal for BlackAlmond hookah:
- Low power consumption;
- Absolute autonomy of production;
- Obtaining additional thermal energy;
- Use of agricultural waste;
- 100% environmentally friendly production;
- Stable, homogeneous quality of the received charcoal;
- Working conditions comply with EU requirements.
Use of agricultural waste as raw material
Spain is the second largest producer of almonds in the world. There are 4 kilograms of almonds for every inhabitant of the country every year. The nut kernel is in a hard shell, which is disposed of in the process of obtaining the almond kernel. As a result of this process, a large amount of unnecessary shells is formed, which belongs to biowaste.
The idea of BlackAlmond is to use illiquid agricultural almond waste to produce hookah charcoal. GreenPower equipment perfectly copes with the carbonization of raw materials of plant origin. The use of innovative technology allows the production of environmentally friendly hookah charcoal without harm to the environment.
We are proud to say that not a single tree was harmed in the production of BlackAlmond hookah almond charcoal!
You can get acquainted with the full range of almond charcoal for hookah in the “Products” section.
To order charcoal, please contact our distributor in your region.