What does sustainable charcoal or GreenCoal mean? In the production of charcoal, you can cause significant damage to our ecology, that is, by buying “dirty charcoal” you finance the murder of all Life on our planet Earth. And it’s really not just big words! Thus, in the production of Charcoal by “Folk Methods”, Millions Tons of harmful substances are emitted into the atmosphere annually, valuable tree species are killed, Animals lose their Homes, Soil and atmosphere are polluted, while charcoal is of heterogeneous quality, which requires manual sorting of it and the use of a lot of manual labor in its production. Here are the main aspects that arise in the production of charcoal by “folk methods”:
- INHUMANE WORKING CONDITIONS
- WITH 1 ton of CHARCOAL we HAVE 4 ton of HARMFUL EMISSION
- Using of fine wood
- Low quality of charcoal
- Dependence on weather conditions
Now let’s give some Statistics to understand the amount of Harm that charcoal burners from all over the World cause to our Planet Earth:
- In 2017, 51.2 Million tons (Mt) of wood charcoal were produced globally (Charcoal as an energy resources), in 2022 we will have 60 Million tons (Mt) of wood charcoal.
- About only 5% of all charcoal was produced eco-friendly! It means more 200 Million tons (Mt) of pollution early! It’s a really crazy quantity and nobody speaks about it (GreenPower statistic).
- More than 80% of all charcoal is produced from fine trees!
With the use of GreenPower.equipment technologies, we are able to solve all of the above conditions – by purchasing B-B-Q.eu products, you buy Clean Air and Invest in the Ecology of our Planet!